Eyelash extensions can be both sightful and glamorous, as everyone who has tried them knows. And, if you haven’t tried them yet, believe us when we say they’ll change your life. They do not just make your eyes look bigger and brighter, but they also reduce the need for mascara, which might decrease the time it takes you to wear your makeup by almost 50 percent every day.
The only issue is that they have an expiration date on them. All good things must come to an end, as the adage goes, and extensiones de pestañas are no exception. As a result, it’s critical to know how long eyelash extensions will last once they’ve been done. Continue Reading to Find out how long they last.
¿Qué son las extensiones de pestañas?
Lash extensions are strand-by-strand artificial, faux mink, or silk fibres that are placed to your natural lashes. The application, as you may assume, is time-consuming.
Unlike artificial eyelashes, which are applied to the skin via a strip or single lashes, lash extensions are usually attached to the natural lash. As a result, your lashes will be more luscious and dense, and you may be able to skip the mascara part of your makeup application routine.
How Does the Final Look Appear?
The final effect is designed to add length, volume, and elevation to your natural lashes. You can choose whether you want a more dramatic or natural look, but in general, the more lashes put, the more dramatic the impact. A standard procedure involves 80-140 separate extensions per eye, with lashes varying in length from 6-18mm. It’s not a one-size-fits-all situation.
For example, if you have destroyed lashes or naturally thin, short natural lashes, you may not be able to achieve the same dramatic effect as a person with stronger, thicker lashes.
The Application of Eyelash Extension: Who is Eligible to Apply Them?
Qualified professionals should be the only ones applying eyelash extensions. Medical personnel, lash stylists, aestheticians, and cosmetologists are all options.
The laws governing lash extension salons vary per country. Check your state’s website to see if any regulations apply to lash experts and salons.
Look up ratings and comments online before you go. Only visit a respected salon or clinic that has a solid reputation for hygiene and safety.
When you’re making an appointment, ask questions. Understand more about the components of the adhesive. Inquire about how the tools were sterilized.
Maintain command of the situation. If the salon does not feel clean, or if the specialist does not answer your requests or wants, cancel the appointment. You ought to do this if you start to feel unpleasant, either mentally or physically, in the process of your lash application.
It’s important to keep in mind that a great deal isn’t always a decent bargain. Ensure the low price isn’t due to poor sanitation, a lack of quality or accreditation, or a lack of experience. It’s not only about the lashes; it’s also about the eyes.
What Duration is Required to Apply Lash Extensions?
It is all dependent on the specialist’s skill level and how long they’ve been doing eyelash extensions. It also depends on the type of eyelash extensions you pick; for personalized one-on-one classic extensions, a skilled technician normally needs one and a half hours. Although certain clients with a lot of lashes may require additional time.
This is a much more skilful method for Russian eyelash extensions, thus it takes longer. These are very fine grade extensions that are fanned out with a unique set of tweezers and can range from 2 to 6 extensions, or even more if the grade is exceedingly fine. The number of extensions to use is determined by the client’s desired look and, more crucially, the condition of the client’s own lashes. Russian extensions can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, depending on how full the individual needs their lashes to be.
How are they Removed?
Eventually, eyelash extensions will fall out on their own. If you want to get rid of them, you should get a professional. Your lashes will be removed by the same lash artist who put them.
Please be aware that the lash glue remover may contain allergens or irritants that you are allergic to.
Pros of Eyelash Extension
Eyelash extensions are the most fantastic thing that can happen to a lady if done correctly. They provide the most striking expression for your eyes and are especially suitable if your event/engagement party is nearing.
They make mornings much more pleasant since you wouldn’t have to worry about makeup, and you can practically walk out without mascara and yet look stunning with those piercing eyes and alluring lashes.
Cons of Eyelash Extension
- You can’t just have anyone apply them since it takes a trained artist to do it right, and you don’t want your lashes to seem clumpy. If they’re not applied correctly, they’ll have to be removed, which could damage your natural lashes. The most notable downside of lash extensions is the high level of maintenance required, as they only last a month and may require touch-ups.
- Lash extensions necessitate a special maintenance routine; otherwise, you risk having lashes that are uneven or even fall out in the middle of an important meeting or in the presence of key people, making you ashamed. That is why getting the greatest custom-made lashes from qualified industry professionals takes time so you can be certain of the quality.
How Long Do Eyelash Extensions Last?
Extensions stay as long as the natural growth cycle, or roughly six weeks because they are linked to the lash itself. Applying a lash conditioner (yes, there is such a thing!) and gently combing over your lashes with a dry spoolie brush to increase the life of the extensions. Undergoing refills every two to three weeks to cover any gaps.
Is Using Eyelash Extensions Harmful to Your Natural Lashes?
There’s no need for them to harm natural lashes if they’re applied and cared for properly. We’ve witnessed damage to lashes caused by technicians who either use too much glue or simply apply far too many lashes, especially with Russian lashes.
Most specialists work with the lash cycle, thus they don’t use baby lashes for extensions. When their client returns for infill, the baby lashes that have been left to develop are now capable of supporting the weight of extensions, and fresh baby lashes are allowed to develop for the next infill.
It is encouraged that clients take a break from extensions every half-year duration or so, but there are a few clientele who dislike being without them, in which case it’s recommended that they apply an eyelash development serum while wearing the extensions to keep their natural lashes healthy and strong.
The Best Type of Eyelash Extension
Synthetic mink extensions have a matt shine, feel softer, and offer a more classic appearance than synthetic silk extensions. Silk extensions have a gleaming lustre and appear more “plastic” in our opinion.
Caring for Eyelash Extensions
What to Observe
- It’s best not to touch them often in the first few hours. The more you touch them, the more oils from your hands gather on them, placing a greater strain on the lash base, and so on.
- They’re nearly waterproof after 24 hours, yet if you swim or sit in a hot spa every day, they won’t last as long as they would if you didn’t, owing to the rubbing from water in your eyes.
- Use non-oily makeup removers and cleanses on your face, particularly for eye makeup. Herramientas de extensión de pestañas son una buena inversión.
- At least once a week, cleanse your lashes with a foaming lash cleanser. Baby shampoo (not the moisturising kind) is also OK in little amounts.
- Notify your provider ahead of time if you think you’ll need extra time since you’ve lost more lashes than expected, or if you want to switch to pestañas especificadas más espesas.
What to Avoid
- Picking or playing with your lashes is not a good idea, and wiping your eyes aggressively is not a good idea either. If you choose your lashes, it can be quite harmful to your natural lashes.
- Using oil-based cosmetics on your eyes and face.
- Using a watertight or oil-based eyeliner or pencil.
- If at all possible, stay away from mascara.
How long eyelash extension lasts depends on your care routine and the quality of the lash extension. At Maquillaje Starseed, we are all-around objectified to offering this and more to our customers. Contact Us for more details.