Lash extension application is not as easy as it may seem. The process needs a lot of time and regular practice. Lash extensions that are applied correctly will look more natural than those ones that were applied randomly. You may have good quality lash extensions but when applied incorrectly, you will end up with a weird look.
For instance, applying lash extensions of the same length is more likely to give you an unnatural look. Lash mapping is very critical in determining the length of lash extension you need and the exact position that they should be applied. Note that every client has unique needs when it comes to lash applications.
What is Eyelash Mapping?
Lash mapping is an important technique that is used during the treatment of lash extensions. Lash maps guide the lash technician where to place which length of eyelash extensions along the eyelash line. Lash technicians use the lash mapping technique to make lashes in both eyes even. A lot of beginners are encouraged to use this technique before they perfect their skill in lash art.
The Tools Required in Eyelash Mapping
- Gel pads. It should be positioned under your eyes during the process.
- A brightly colored pen. Many lash technicians prefer red pens. Black pens should be avoided to avoid confusing the lines drawn with the eyelashes.
- Eyelash extensions. They should be of different lengths.
The Eyelash Mapping Procedure
- Find out about the kind of look your client wants to achieve. Make suggestions where possible. Also, observe your client’s eye shape and size for better lash mapping.
- Ask your client to lay down or sit straight with their eyes closed.
- Clean your client’s eye area and position the gel pad under her eyes. Ensure the pad is 1-2mm away from the waterline.
- Mark your segments and indicate your length using the style of your choice. The segments and lengths will differ depending on the client’s eye shape and size.
- Create more segments depending on your style and client’s preference. There could be six or more segments.
- Choose the appropriate length of eyelash extension for each segment. Always consider the client’s natural lash length and strength.
- Start applying the extensiones de pestañas one by one, giving each enough time to dry up. This will prevent clumping.
- Fill in the lashes until you complete the whole set.
- Ensure they all dry up before asking your client to open their eyes.
You can decide to mark your client’s skin using an eyeliner or eye pencil when their eyes are open, this is because when their eyes are closed you will only be able to see their natural eyelashes. Always consider your client’s face shape, eye shape, eyebrows, and natural eyelashes.
Lash Mapping For Different Styles
Lash professionals with great experience have a clear idea about the length, thickness, and curls of eyelash extensions that match well with different eyes. Most of them don’t even need to map the zones. The new lash techs have to map based on different styles to assist them in creating exactly that style easily. Let us have a look at lash maps for different eyelash extension styles.
For Doll Eye Style
Doll Eye is a beautiful style that adds more size to the eyes of the user. It makes their eyes look bigger when short lash lengths are applied on the inner and outer edges of the eyes. This style is ideal for clients with almond eyes, hooded eyes, and monolids. It works well for those who want to open up their eyes. Mapping up doll eye style is so simple. All you need is to identify the largest area in the middle of the eye covering the iris then add the longest lashes in that area.
For Cat Eye Style
Cat Eye is one of the most popular lash extension styles. This style involves having short lash extensions at the inner edges of the eye and long lashes at the outer edge of the eye. It is the most ideal pick for users with round eyes since the cat-eye style helps to balance easily to the shape of the eye.
For users who prefer the Cat-eye style should go for CC curls with lengths ranging from 8 to 13. What you have to keep in mind is to add long lashes to the second last zone of the lashes when mapping.
For Dramatic Style
Dramatic Style is mostly preferred by young clients. They are a mix of the highest length, thickness, and curls depending on the client. People sometimes confuse dramatic style with pestañas con volumen, but the two are completely different. Most lash experts aim for high intensity when they come up with a dramatic set of lashes.
For Squirrel Style
Squirrel is yet another style that looks natural whereby the longest lash extensions are fixed at the bottom of the arch of the eyebrows. During lash mapping for the squirrel eye style, the process is somehow similar to cat-eye. The only distinguishing part is that the squirrel eye does not have big differences in length like the cat-eye style.
To map a Squirrel eye, it follows a mapping pattern whereby different lash extensions lengths are fixed one by one. Squirrel style has more zones than any other style and it is difficult to map them in case you are a new lash tech. It is ideal for users who would want to have brighter and open eyes.
How To Maintain Your Lash Extensions After Application
- Keep the newly applied lash extensions away from water for the first 24 hours after application.
- Ensure you clean and brush them gently on a daily basis.
- Don’t use oily products on your eyes or anywhere around the eye area.
- Avoid excessive rubbing and pulling of your lash extensions.
- For a perfect look throughout the period that you have them, they should be refilled after 2-3 weeks.
Before you start the process of lash mapping as a lash expert, it is important to know the shape of your client’s eye. After knowing the shape of the eye, it will then help you determine the ideal lash extension style that fits them well. Those who prefer fixing eyelash extensions after lash mapping are advised to source their extensions from well-known manufacturers and suppliers. Getting quality lash extensions will save you from eye irritation. For the best lash extension Contacto.