Eyelashes, like any other beauty gadget, need to be taken care of well so that they can serve you well and longer. Now, eyelashes can be quite delicate and when not handled well, they can get ruined, which can lead you to go back and forth purchasing new ones.
Now, while there are dozens of quality lashes producers in the industry, having a take care routine for your lashes so that they can last longer and don’t end up hurting your eyes when you wear them.
Well, this article will cover the routines and things that you can do to take good care of your eyelash extension. Keep Reading!
Reasons For Taking Care of Eyelash Extensions
- Your lash health is important. If you do the activities listed below to your lashes on a frequent basis, your lash health will be jeopardized, and the creation of new lashes will be slowed. If you don’t clean your lids on a regular basis, they might get irritating due to a buildup of dead skin.
- Eyelash extensions with mascara on them, oily makeup, and strip lashes don’t look very well.
Cost of infill and financial/time constraints If you take care of your lashes and keep them in good condition, you won’t need to go in as often or for as long of an infill session, which will save you bucks. You can get affordable pricing in our refills, according to the number of lashes that need to be replaced each time.
How to Take Care of Eyelash Extensions
- Avoid touching them too much, especially in the first few hours. The more frequently you rub them, the more your hands’ oils accumulate on them, putting additional strain on the lash root, and so on.
- For at least 24-36 hours, keep them as dry as possible. This implies that you should avoid washing your hair throughout this period. If you must wash your hands, use only tepid water and keep the water out of your eyes.
This includes avoiding steamy surroundings, such as excessively hot showers, spas, saunas, and the like for at least 24 hours. If it’s a really hot and humid day, try to avoid going outside. All of this will ensure that the glue cures as well as possible.
- They are practically watertight after 24 hours, although if you swim or sit in a hot spa on a daily basis, they will probably not last as long as if you didn’t, due to scratching when water gets in your eyes.
- If you have oily skin, use blotting papers, lusterless lotions, and an oil-control moisturizer to regulate it as much as feasible.
- Make sure to use oil-free makeup cleansers and removers on your face, especially for eye makeup. We recommend you invest in инструменты для наращивания ресниц.
- Clean your lashes with a foamy lash cleanser at least once a week. In very little quantities, baby shampoo (not the moisturizing type) is also fine.
- If you think you’ll need additional time because you’ve lost more lashes than projected, or if you wish to switch to thicker predefined lashes, notify your supplier prior to actually infilling.
Things to Avoid
- Do not pick or play with your lashes, and do not wipe your eyes vigorously. Picking your lashes can be very damaging to your natural lashes if you are a picker.
- Avoid using oily cosmetics on your eyes or face.
- Use a pen-style liquid mascara instead of waterproof or oil-based eyeliner or pencil.
- If at all possible, avoid using mascara.
- To remove makeup, do not use wet wipes, makeup wipes, or cotton pads.
- You should not attempt to remove them yourself since you risk damaging your natural lashes. If you want, professionals can get rid of them for you.
- If you want your lashes to last, avoid using washing oils, coconut oil, and other similar products on your face.
- Put strip lashes on top of them only if you’re willing to lose a couple of your own lashes in the process of removing them.
- Do not attempt to light a cigarette on your toaster or stovetop (excellent life advice, but it will also prevent your lashes from becoming singed and frazzled at the ends!).
What Constitutes Ordinary?
- Some people with sensitivity may suffer slight redness and dry eyes just after applying the lashes. We strive to keep this to a minimum where feasible, so we’ll ask if you’re sensitive ahead of time. This usually goes away after an hour or so, so there’s no need to be concerned.
- It’s natural to lose a few lashes each day. Don’t be alarmed if you see them now and then. When the extension is ready to come out, it is linked to the original lash and replaced with a new baby lash. Some days you won’t lose any, but on others, you may lose three or four. It’s quite natural, and it doesn’t imply your lashes will all come out!
- Some lash cycles are more rapid than others. Your lashes may shed more frequently every few months than at other times. It typically indicates that you have a lot of fresh development, and when you come in, we’ll notice that you have a lot more eyelashes to lash! They may still look fantastic after 3 to 5 weeks if they have not fallen much.
- There are no two sets of lashes that are alike. The design, lengths, thicknesses, and curls are tailored to each individual’s eye shape, natural lash condition, and preferences. Based on your eye shape, each style will appear differently. Kindly be informed that, even if you desire the same thing, your lashes will not look exactly like your pals’.
- You should expect to need an infill in between the 2nd and 3rd weeks. Most clienteles return every three weeks on average. Sets with more lashes tend to last longer than those with fewer. Lashes that are shorter tend to last longer.
What is Out of the Ordinary?
- If you get severe itching and/or red/swollen eyes in the first several days following application, discontinue use. It’s possible that you’re having an allergic reaction. Regrettably, they are almost unavoidable; nonetheless, they are uncommon and treatable.
- During the first few days, there will be a lot of losing of the extensions from the natural lashes. This is unusual, however, please let your attendant know if your lashes are falling excessively during the first three days of installation so they can examine your lashes.
- If your eyes feel granular and sandy after applying extensions for a while, this could indicate that you need to clean your lashes more consistently and correctly. Your specialist can examine your lash line and advise you on how to clean them properly.
How to Prepare for Infill
- It’s a good idea to book ahead, especially for evening and weekend reservations, as these times are the most crowded and sometimes sell out months in advance.
- Please your specialists know if you would like anything modified, such as upgrading to a thicker set or trying volume instead of classic. Because different types of lashes necessitate more time,
- Avoid wearing excessive makeup that you’ll have to remove later that evening.
- Make sure you don’t have any eye makeup on and that your eyes are clean. Extensions will not connect properly and may not stay long if your lids and lashes are dirty (especially things that can’t be seen like lash mites, who thrive when lashes are dirty!).
Brush them with a Soft Bristle Brush
Make sure to brush out your feathery new lashes on a regular basis to keep them looking great. The general rule is to just brush them out when they’re needed. Clean spoolies are available in most pharmacies and cosmetics shops.
Circumvent Showerheads with a lot of Force
We advise against using high-pressure showerheads because the water pressure can pull your lashes out and leave a beauty nightmare scenario on the tile floor. Another reason to take it gently while scrubbing is that the vapour from hot water might cause the newly applied adhesive to fail to cure correctly.
Shift to Pillowcase Made of Silk or Satin
We’ve all heard that using a silk pillowcase will help with frizzy hair and wrinkles on the face, and guess what? It’s true. We may now add the maintenance of lash extensions to the list of advantages. Cotton pillowcases can promote drying and snag causing lashes to fall out prematurely.
Reduce the Amount of Eye Cream You Use
The same reason we love ultra-rich eye creams is why we don’t recommend wearing them with false lashes. Every one of those emollients will have the same impact on the lash glue as the oil cleansers, reducing the lifespan of your false flutter. While you’re wearing extensions, look into gel options for eye cream.
Eyelash extensions require constant care if they are to serve you for long. As you work through our routine of lash extension care, don’t forget that, at Startseed makeup, we offer the best eyelash solutions. For more details, связаться с нами. All the best!