As they say, our eyes are the windows to our soul. Their size and shape tell a lot about us. That includes our health status, different personalities, emotions, and even thoughts. The different eye shapes include the upturned, down-turned, hooded, almond-shaped, round eyes, and many others.
Many people are unaware of their exact eye shape, but it is fairly easy to determine your eye shape. The information about your eye size and shape is crucial in determining the kind of lash extensions that are safe for them. This article will take you through the process and the best lash extensions for your specific eye shape.
How To Determine Your Eye Shape
There are numerous eye charts that display the various shapes of eyes but very few show the process. You can find such charts on the internet or their hard copies in lash studios. This step by step will help you determine your own eye shape from the comfort of your home.
- Look for a mirror which should be clean and big enough for you to observe your eyes properly. Place the mirror where it will mainly focus on your eye area. Position it 1-2mm away from where you will be seated.
- Look directly into the mirror’s direction. Keenly observe your eyes to note if they have creases. If you cannot see the crease, then you have monolid eyes.
- In case you have a crease, observe if the colored part has a little white showing. If you have the white showing plus you can see the crease, then you have round eyes.
- Keenly observe the outer corners of your eyes. If they turn down, then you have down-turned eyes.
- In case you cannot see the crease due to the flapping of your skin, then it means that you have hooded eyes.
- If the iris touches the top and bottom of your eyelid and you cannot see the crease, that indicates that your eyes are almond-shaped.
- Last but not least, if you happen to note a flick upwards of the outer corners of your eye, then you have upturned eyes.
What Are Almond-Shaped Eyes?
Almond eyes are oval-shaped and they tend to have narrow corners. This makes them less round and have a width that is a bit longer. A good number of individuals with such eyes will notice that the outside corners of their eyes are slightly turned up. Many celebrities rock this type of eye, for example, Mila Kunis.
Characteristics Of Almond-Shaped Eyes
- The shape of almond eyes is super symmetrical.
- They have outer corners that are up-swept.
- Almond eyes are the most common type of eye shape. They prevail in all ethnicities.
- They work very well with various beauty techniques, that is not the case in other eye shapes.
- Almond eyes vary depending on the size and shape of one’s face. There are almond eyes that seem to be more closed or narrower while others have wider and deeper versions.
- They have a crease that is visible in their eyelids.
What Do Almond Eyes Say About You?
The different eye shapes reveal a lot about individuals. If you look deeply into someone’s eyes you can be able to detect anger, happiness, genuine love, pretense, and even compassion. Individuals with almond eyes have the following characteristics.
- They are cautious. A lot of people with almond eyes are always careful not to land in any potential danger or problems. They are very composed even when in tough situations.
- They are attentive. Such individuals pay close attention to very small details.
- They are very calm and grounded. This makes them great partners in friendship and even romantic relationships.
- They are full of compassion. Individuals with almond eyes keep emotions to themselves but deep down they are very kind and sympathetic.
Best Lash Extensions For Almond Eyes
Almond eyes are the most common type of eyes all over the world. They are the perfect middle between the narrow and the round eyes. There are specific lash extensions that will look better on almond eyes than others. Almond-shaped eyes have a width that is twice the size of their height. Most lash extensions suit this eye shape. Let us look at some of those eyelash extensions and the procedures followed during their application.
Clients with almond eyes can really rock in this lash style. They will give your eyes a round appearance and open them up. They are the best choice for clients who want their eyes to look bigger and cute. The following procedure should be followed during the application.
- Make your client comfortable by having them lean backward with their face up. This position will ensure you access the client’s eye easily.
- Place eye pads under your client’s eyes in order to create a proper working environment. The pads isolate the top eyelashes from the bottom ones, and they also prevent the sharp tweezers from injuring the sensitive parts around the eye.
- Use lash extensions that are less curvy in order to achieve a perfect look. The C and B curls are ideal in this case. Also, consider lash lengths that range from 7-9mm for the inner and outer corners, and lash lengths of up to 18mm for the middle part of the eyes.
- Begin by applying the lash extensions with lower lengths on the outer and inner corners of your eyes, then fix the lashes with higher lengths at the middle part of the eyes. Following this procedure will bring out a look that is more symmetrical.
- Finish off by brushing gently through the lashes and correct where necessary.
These types of lashes are also perfect for individuals with almond eyes. As their name suggests, they will give you a cat-eye effect. Cat look is achieved by begging to fix the lash extensions that are shorter at the inner and outer corners of the eyes and increasing the length gradually throughout the end.
Cat-eye lash extensions will give your eyes a longer and narrower look. They can also bring out a dramatic or calm look depending on the client’s taste and preference. Use the volume lashes or the мега объемные ресницы for an eye-catching look. You can also opt for classic lashes when you want to achieve a calm look. Both of these looks need to follow the following procedure.
- Ensure your client is comfortable by making them sit on an armchair while leaning on the back or make them lie down with their face up. This will ensure you can easily access the eyes when working on them.
- Closely examine the client’s natural eyelashes to get a clear picture of what you are about to deal with.
- Place eye pads under your client’s eyes before the lash mapping process. The under-eye pads will isolate the top lashes and the bottom lashes. The pads also prevent the lash tools from causing injuries to the client’s eye area.
- Start by mapping from the inner corners of your client’s eyes. Use lash extensions that have a length ranging from 5-9mm in those eye corners. The length will depend on the type of curl that you settle on. For a classic look, consider using C curls. They are neither too curly nor straight. If your client is looking for a dramatic look, use lash extensions that are more lengthy in such a case. Their extreme curls won’t look good when short.
- Attach the whole set of the lash extensions, start with lash extensions that are shorter in the inner corner of the eyes.
- Gradually increase the length of the lash extensions as you approach the middle part of the eyes, that is where longer lash extensions need to be attached.
- Complete the process by brushing out your eyelash extensions with a clean lash wand. This step is important when trying to achieve evenness in both eyes. Make corrections where possible.
How To Maintain Your Lash Extensions
Like any other beauty products, lash extensions need to be well maintained for better services and a fresh look throughout. Let us go through those maintenance practices.
- Clean your lash extensions regularly using a soft bristle brush and lash foam. This will remove dust, traces of oil and makeup products around your lashes. Such things can exert pressure on your lash extensions causing them to break or shed off prematurely.
- Brush through your lash extensions on a daily basis. This prevents them from entangling and giving an unattractive look.
- Avoid sleeping on your tummy and sides. Your lash extensions may end up being pulled by the bedsheets or pillow covers. The best sleeping position is on the back, this can be a bit challenging but worth trying.
- Consider refilling your lash extensions at least after every 2-3 weeks in order to maintain the fresh look. The refilling should be done by a well experienced lash technician to avoid destroying the original look.
- Keep off from waterproof eye products. Such products cannot be removed easily unless you use oil-based cleansers. The oil based cleansers dissolve the lash glue which is important in holding the lash extensions in position.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes excessively. This may lead to serious eye infection and premature shedding of your lash extensions. Your eyes may also redden and swell as a result of the rubbing, leading to a look that is not attractive.
- Try as much as possible not to use mechanical lash curlers on your lash extensions.
- Avoid using mascara and your favorite eyeliners when you have lash extensions. Many people opt to use these two in order to increase the volume of their lashes. The mascara may stick on the lash extensions resulting in a build up that may overweigh the lash extensions and cause them to break.
- Avoid using oil based products on your lash extensions. They will dissolve your lash glue and break their bond with the lash extensions. The result will be premature lash falls.
It is very crucial to invest in quality beauty products when you want better services. Consider using faux mink lash extensions because they will not loose their curls. Starseed seed company offers one of the best faux mink lashes in the market.